Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Mommy's got a blog

Mommy's got a blog and she's not afraid to use it. Would that really work as a threat? I have a second and a first grader and I am starting to teeter on the edge of invincibility. Especially my second grader, I can see the wheels turning in his head as I yet again tell him we'll have to google the answer to the question he asked. Hey, a mom can only know so many things about sharks and bats. But I can see him wondering," if she doesn't know that simple question, what else doesn't she know?" And it goes downhill from there, because in their minds if I don't have all those important answers to shark and bat questions, maybe they really don't need to take a shower, eat in the kitchen, do their homework, and the list goes on and on. Hmmm. What's a mom to do but threaten to publicize their misdeeds on the internet through her blog. Could it work? Sadly I know the answer is just the opposite. "Cool mom!" is the likely response from them. "Could you tell them about the time I...." Oh never mind. I think I'll just go back to "because I said so"

1 comment:

Julie D. said...

Eventually they'll be jaded like my girls are. I told one, "this is a bloggable moment." She looked at me sadly and said, "Aren't they all?" Good point ... :-)