Thursday, October 07, 2004

stomach flu

After a week of the stomach flu I am ready to write again. My son and oldest daughter came down with it with in hours of each other on Sunday evening and my husband got it all through the night. Just when I thought the two youngest girls had escaped they threw up within minutes of each other on Tuesday night. I jokingly told my friends that I was the last one standing, but by Friday morning I was laid out by this thing, it was vicious.

It could have been avoided. We caught it from our neighbors. The father just mentioned in passing to my husband that his wife was upstairs sick in bed. What he neglected to mention was that their youngest son had brought this disaster in the making home from daycare. By the end of that day their oldest son had it too. All I could do was console myself that at least we had been outside the whole time. Tell that to the bug, because it didn’t seem to matter. In 36 hours we would be toast.

To all the moms and dads out there who sound the alarm at a sniffle, hats off to you.

No comments: