Wednesday, August 17, 2005

back to school '05

Oh boy....I walked my kids into school this morning and DD#1 melted down in the classroom when it was time for me to leave. She was excited about going to school until right until we walked into the school doors. The kids had to wait in the hallway a little bit and that was my first clue that this wasn't going to be easy. I feel bad for her and I feel bad for me. She gets herself worked up and I don't think I'm very good at helping her to calm herself. She is young for her class and that doesn't help matters. So I had to leave her outside her classroom with the school counselor crying and didn't get to give a wave to my son outside his classroom. Ugh. NOT the way I wanted them to start the school year.

So I will do my best to keep myself on HER side and not feel aggravated. This mothering thing is not all sweetness and light, lemme tell ya. But I know in my heart that the more accepted she feels the sooner this will pass over. I don't know if she' ll think that I understand her behavior but hopefully she'll know that I love her no matter what.

Mothering is not for wimps. Hopefully I will have a cheerier post tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I heard a fantastic mommie-slogan the other day.. . the feeling is acceptable, not the behavior that goes with the feeling.

Cool huh?