Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Off roading in a pram

This post falls in the category of, "there's more than one way to use an item". We have a miniature white doll pram that my daughter received for her 3rd birthday years ago. While it sees plenty of action in a nice ,"let's push our dollies around" kind of way it also serves as my baby's personal ATV when she piles every toy in the room in the pram and then tries to drive it over a pile of laundry to be folded. Really I ought to get a digital camera, I don't think my description does it justice. Or there's my son's favorite use for the pram, a military vehicle from which he shoots a hobby horse upside down somehow mounted through the pram. Don't tell me that the y chromosome means nothing.

That's the trouble. I am an only child so I have no experience watching the full of y boy get molded into a still full of y man. I am starting to realize that what I thought were a great deal of personality differences between my children were actually more along the great gender divide.

I am reading a great book right now titled, "The Wonder of Boys" by Michael Gurian. He also wrote, "The Wonder of Girls" which was equally amazing. Somehow he has hit it right on the head. I highly recommend these books to anyone who has ever puzzled over boys and girls.

No comments: